Flexibility is key in the modern workplace, and no brand has been more synonymous with efficient working than Microsoft. Microsoft 365 is more than an extensive suite of familiar, top-rated desktop apps. It’s all the traditional Office apps plus business-class email, cloud storage and versatile management tools.
With over 28 million daily users, Microsoft 365 offers enhanced productivity and efficiency to dispersed workforces and enabled effective remote and hybrid working. Today, we’re deep diving into this much-loved suite of apps and show you exactly why it’s so popular.
1. All the Apps You Know and Love
Microsoft 365 has all the familiar apps: Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, OneDrive, Skype, OneNote and more. The exact mix of apps you get depends on the plan you choose. In addition, the apps are versatile working across various devices and platforms. On the flip side, it’s worth noting some people find the applications accessed through the Cloud may not have the same functionality as the applications accessed from a local desktop.
2. Email Anytime, Anywhere
Each of your employees gets a cloud-based mailbox that can be accessed through a web browser or the Outlook app on a Windows, Mac or mobile device. Exchange Online is easily accessible, user-friendly and secure. And to add a layer of security as well, Microsoft builds in malware and spam filtering protection.
3. Secure File Access, Storage and Sharing
- Upload, organise and store files on OneDrive. Safely share files both inside and outside your organisation. OneDrive even syncs your changes across devices, so you can start edits on one device and finish edits on another.
- Microsoft Teams allows staff to work effectively together, no matter how far they are apart. Staff can instant message, call, video conference, share documents and collaborate in one shared workspace.
- SharePoint makes document management easy. Manage, organise and store key company files. And always ensure the right people have the right kind of access to the right files with enhanced admin controls.
- The classic trio of traditional desktop apps is included: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Create your own digital notebook. OneNote lets you create and organise notes, tasks, images, audio, video and more. You can also share and assign tasks.
4. Automated Business Processes
The Microsoft 365 dashboard makes setup and maintenance easy for small business owners. Although you won’t need to hire a new IT staff to manage Microsoft 365, you should have a skilled administrator on hand.
- Centralised dashboard features step-by-step instructions for setup and installation
- Automatic updates of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more when new versions are available
- Additional functionality with Power Apps and Power Automate lets you digitise documents and streamline repetitive workflows
5. Advanced Security and Compliance
Microsoft 365 is designed to secure employee, client and company data through advanced features including:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and single sign-on (SSO) with Azure AD
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for protection of iPhones, iPads, Androids and Windows devices
- Data loss prevention (DLP) policies across cloud, on-premises and endpoints
- Pre-emptive Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
- Sophisticated phishing and ransomware protection
6. Potential Savings
Many businesses find they save money with Microsoft 365. First, through its subscription-based pricing model, you can choose a plan that best suits your business needs. Second, business owners like that subscriptions are paid per user, per month as opposed to a perpetual license. That means Microsoft 365 apps can be installed on up to five phones, five tablets, and five PCs or Macs simultaneously. Perpetual-license versions, on the other hand, are typically licensed for use on one device only.
Microsoft 365 is the number one cloud-based service if you’re looking to boost your teams’ efficiency and productivity. In order to get the most out of your Microsoft subscription, it’s crucial that you carefully consider the features and services you need before you choose a plan.
At Entegraty, we help make the new normal work for you. As accredited Microsoft partners, we’re here to support you and your business. From helping you choose the right cloud solution to complete setup, support and ongoing training, we can help you get the best out of your Microsoft investment. Reach out to our team today or click the link below to learn more about our Microsoft services.